Humitas - South American Corn Pudding
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A South American distant cousin to tamales. Posted in response to a recipe request.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (frozen may be used)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup peeled winter squash, finely chopped (of your choice)
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Thaw corn and place in food processor.
- Puree corn, milk, eggs, sugar, salt, pepper and chilies.
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add squash and bell pepper.
- Cook over low heat stirring frequently for 20 minutes until squash is cooked.
- Add corn mixture and continue to cook until it thickens slightly about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese, remove from heat and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION