Hot Water With Lemon
photo by The_Swedish_Chef
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water, just off the boil
- 1⁄2 lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Take the cup of hot water and place it in a heat-proof mug.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the water and stir thoroughly.
- Drink when temperature is cool enough to not burn your tongue.
- If you decide to add the cinnamon stick, use it to stir the hot water and then remove it before you drink the lemon water. Otherwise, you could poke out an eye!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is just the thing when you have a sore throat, beginning of a cold, or just having one of those days when you feel a little peaked, or having senior moments:). Soothing and ever so good. It stops a cough without using any drugs too. I usually add 2 teaspoons liquid honey to mine. Ahhhhh.
It's so good to see this recipe posted here! My Mum used to make this drink for us when we were sick (recipe passed down from my Nan!), except with the addition of honey. Warm water with lemon is also a very good natural body cleansing and detox drink, so it can be enjoyed even when not sick! Thank you so much, The_Swedish_Chef, for reminding me of this recipe!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Thank you for visiting my chef's page and considering making any of my recipes. With so many to choose from, I'm honoured that you'd take the time to try mine. Thank you in advance!</p>