Hot Truck P M P - Poor Man's Pizza
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 inch) French bread, loaf
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned mushroom slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the French bread loaf in half crosswise and then slice them completely open, horizontally. Place the four pieces of bread on a baking sheet.
- Using a ladle or spoon, spread the pizza sauce on all pieces of bread, being sure to cover out to the edges (to prevent burning) and sprinkle with oregano.
- Spread mushrooms across each bottom half of the bread. (This is officially for the "PMP Mush" version - use pepperoni for "PMP Pep").
- Generously cover the mushrooms with mozzarella.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the French bread is golden brown. Lay the top halves of the French bread on the bottom halves to make sandwiches. I also tried it in the panini maker which was faster and tasted the same, but the cheese didn't melt quite like the original. Enjoy!
Join The Conversation