Hot Strawberry Sundaes
This recipe is from Southern Living 1981. I've edited the instructions slightly for stovetop. The preserves may be heated in the microwave on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Ready In:
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons kirsch or 2 tablespoons cherry flavored brandy
- Scoop the ice cream into four small serving dishes and refreeze.
- Combine the preserves, pecans and kirsch in a small saucepan.
- Heat gently until the preserves are heated through and partially melted.
- Spoon the preserves over the ice cream and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious and so easy - this goes together in about 5 minutes! I made a few minor changes by using low sugar strawberry fruit spread (instead of preserves) and strawberry juice and a tiny bit of rum (instead of the kirsch which I couldn't find). I aslo didn't re-freeze the ice cream (didn't have room in the freezer) but served as topping over vanilla ice cream. Wonderful dessert which we will be having again soon! Thanks for sharing!