Hot Strawberry Cider
- Ready In:
- 8 cups apple cider or 8 cups apple juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (4 inches long)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 8 fresh strawberry slices (optional) or 8 apples, slices (optional)
- 8 whole cinnamon sticks, to garnish (optional)
- Combine apple cider or juice, frozen strawberries, stick cinnamon, and whole cloves in a large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve lined with 100%-cotton cheesecloth.
- To serve, pour beverage into eight heatproof glasses.
- Garnish each serving with a cinnamon stick and a fresh strawberry or apple slice, if desired. Makes 8 (8 oz) servings.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a degree in archaeology from a small Ohio college and I work for the Ohio History Connection. My passions are art, music, books, food, history, and cats/animal welfare. I also love photography. I have a 1,000 (plus) piece collection of vintage flower pins from the 1960's, hence the username ha. I also have small collections of vintage butterfly pins, vintage tablecloths, and vintage glass Christmas ornaments. (Can you tell I love vintage?) I took a trip to the Netherlands in March 2006 and fell in love! I doubt it will happen but if I ever have the opportunity I would love to live there.