Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Cooks Country magazine. This recipe relies upon a white sauce rather than cream cheese and mayo.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 (9 ounce) boxes frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, squeezed dry, and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add artichokes and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer artichoke mixture to plate and reserve.
- Melt remaining butter in empty pan. Stir in flour and cook until just golden, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in half-and-half, 11/4 cups Parmesan, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Off heat, stir in spinach and reserved artichoke mixture.
- Transfer to 1-quart soufflÇ or baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Serve.
- Make Ahead: Dip can be prepared through step 2 and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. To heat, let dip sit at room temperature for 1 hour, then sprinkle with cheese and bake, covered with foil, in a 450-degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake until golden brown and heated through, about 15 minutes longer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION