Hot Shrimp Avocado Halves
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 lb shrimp, cleaned and drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- In a frying pan, melt butter, stir in curry powder and salt, cook until well blended.
- Add tomato, onion, shrimp, saute until shrimp are done.
- Add lemon juice.
- If mixture is watery, drain some liquid at this point.
- Stir in sour cream, heat throughly.
- To serve, halve avocado, making cuts in flesh for easier enjoyment. Scoop shrimp over 2 halves.
Join The Conversation
YUM!! I just made this the other day but I'm going to be making it again this weekend because I couldn't get enough! I made the following changes (increases) in order for it to be an entree: 3 T butter, 1 1/2 t curry powder, 1 t salt, 1 large tomato, 1 chopped onion, 1 lb. shrimp, 2 T lemon juice, 2/3 cup sour cream. I made it exactly as directly and instead of avocados, served it over rice. It was very, very delicious and really easy to make. Thanks for the new recipe, I'll be making this often!