Hot Potato Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A southwestern touch on an old favorite. This one is definitely a favorite so make sure you make enough so that you will actually be able to enjoy some of it yourself.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese
- 6 large chicken bouillon cubes (extra large)
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bacon (peppered or original-very important not to use sweetened bacon)
- 1 lb frozen white corn (the sweeter the better)
- 15 -20 russet potatoes or 15 -20 white potatoes, of your choice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 4 seeded and chopped fresh banana peppers
- 3⁄4 cup granulated garlic
- peel and rinse potatoes then dice into small-medium cubes.
- put potatoes into pot and fill water line to about 1/2" taller than potatoes.
- open 2 of your bouillon cubes smashing them and add to potatoes.
- put potatoes on med-high and bring to boil.
- while potatoes are cooking cook bacon in seperate skillet, once they are done drain and put aside.
- in a large pot heat 6 cups of water on med-high with 3 bouillon cubes until the bouillon is completely blended with the water.
- take out your cream cheese and cut into quarters adding one at a time.
- once all quarters have been added make sure to stir frequently.
- add peppers and garlic powder once the cream cheese is melted.
- drain potatoes but save the broth incase there isn't enough in the soup pot.
- add potatoes and bag of corn to soup pot.
- take cilantro bunch and after cleaned start cutting cilantro from the top of the bunch and keep going until you reach the middle of the bunch discarding the base.
- add cilantro that you cut stems included to the soup.
- add entire bag of cheddar to the soup still stirring frequently turn down the heat to low.
- chop up the bacon into small pieces at this point and add to the soup.
- add about 3/4 of the left over broth from the potatoes and if you need the last bouillon cube make sure to mash it up before adding it.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION