photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserving 4 tbsp juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice, drained from the canned pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 sleeve Ritz cracker, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the pineapple in a greased 1 quart casserole with the cheese. Stir.
- Mix together the sugar, flour, and pineapple juice. Blend well. Pour over the pineapple.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add the crushed crackers. Stir until the butter is absorbed and the cracker crumbs are coated. Pour the cracker mix on top of the pineapple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh my goodness, this was a surprise hit in my family. We all loved this dish! I wish I could select more than just 5 starts. The sweetness of the pineapple, and the creamy touch of the cheddar, topped with the buttery cracker crumbs, all made for an excellent side dish for our pasta tonight. I'm so glad I tried this recipe. I'm going back for seconds, for sure! Thanks, breezermom. Made for Susie's World Tour 2018 (Hawaii).