Hot Pepper and Garlic Shrimp
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pat shrimp dry.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately low heat and add garlic, red pepper flakes and sea salt.
- Cook until garlic is pale golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to moderately high and add shrimp.
- Saute' shrimp turning occasionally, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and transfer to a serving bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Living in the south we are very lucky to have an abundance of fresh seafood and other ingredients at our disposal when trying new recipes. My husband and I both love to cook and have learned a lot about cooking from our native Louisianian, Paul Prudhomme (we learned to be very careful with his recipes as they are very spicy - even for us), native New Orleanian, Frank Davis and transplanted Emeril Lagasse. It would be very difficult to pick an all time favorite cookbook since I have approximately 200. I enjoy collecting local cookbooks as well as others from different areas. This picture is obviously when DH and I got married. I cooked all the food and even made my wedding cake.