Hot Parma Dip - Meatball Sauce
This is a great little dip to serve as an appetizer with some meatballs, frankfurts or chicken strips. Also lovely as a main with meatballs and spaghetti.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded & chopped
- 425 g chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 beef stock cube, crumbled
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 125 g parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in saucepan, add celery, onions & pepper. Cook until tender.
- Add flour 7 cook for 2 mins, stirring, blend in tomatoes & seasonings, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and water & wine until combined.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION