Hot Lips Cookie Crisps
- Ready In:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted, cooled
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno (1 to 2)
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar ((3 to 3 1/4)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 (1 ounce) packets choco bake unsweetened chocolate flavoring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
- BEAT granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. Beat in melted morsels. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; beat into chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Stir in jalapeños. Pour into two well-greased 9-inch-round baking pans or one 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack(s) to cool completely.
- FOR RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING.
- BEAT powdered sugar, milk, butter, chocolate flavor, vanilla extract and salt in small mixer bowl until mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost cake. Decorate sides with nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!