Beanie Weanie Casserole
This is the best hot dog casserole ever. Great for a fast dinner your kids will love. My mom made this when I was a kid and I still love this. My husband and kids love it also.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 count) package hot dogs
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1⁄2 diced green pepper
- Slice hot dog in bite-sized pieces. Add rest of ingredients to a greased 2 quart casserole dish, mix well.
- Cover & Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minute.
- Or microwave for 10 minute Stir after 5 minute If not done after 10 minute microwave for 3 minute at a time until hot dog's are done and beans are heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was good, but there was no way the casserole was completely done within 20 minutes of baking, especially with it being covered. After 20 minutes of baking, I removed the lid, and continued baking the casserole for another 30 minutes. Even with another 20 minutes of baking, the casserole started to bubble just a bit, and it smelled wonderful in the kitchen. But after 50 minutes, it was 'hot' and bubbly, and the onions were cooked through, as were the hot dogs. I will definitely make this casserole again, but will be baking it (uncovered) in the oven, and adjust the baking time. The only change I made to the recipe was, I added 1 more tablespoon of ketchup, and I added a 1/2 cup of diced onions, plus I used a mixture of orange and yellow bell peppers, as that's what I had in the fridge. As far as the canned beans, I used Van Camp's, which came in 15-oz. size cans.Reply