Hot Dog Burnt Ends
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Prepare your smoker for 225°F Use any wood you like, these turn out great whether they are smoked over fruit wood or a stronger wood such as mesquite.
- Squeeze the mustard over the dogs then brush around all sides. (Easily done with a silicone basting brush.).
- Sprinkle the rub over all sides of the dogs. Transfer to smoker and smoke for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare your BBQ grill for medium heat cooking (or pre-heat your oven to 375 F).
- Remove dogs and cut into thirds (about 1 1/2" pieces). Transfer to an aluminum disposable pan.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and BBQ sauce and pour over the hot dogs. Stir and place on your grill (or in the oven).
- Cook dogs an addition 30-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the hot dogs have begun to caramelize. (Watch carefully; could take less time.).
- Remove and let cool slightly before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!