photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- In saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa.
- Add a few tablespoons of milk and heat over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- The heat will make it easier to dissolve the cocoa.
- When the sugar, cocoa and milk have formed a paste, add the remainder of the milk plus the vanilla or cinnamon and heat until steaming.
- Pour into mugs, top with a bit of whipped cream and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Perfect hot cocoa! I prepared it with the vanilla in the cocoa but used a cinnamon stick for a stirrer and sprinkled a little ground cinnamon on the whipped cream. It added a lovely extra note to an already fantastic treat. Very easy to put together and so much better than the store-bought powder mix. The kids loved it too. Thanks for sharing!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in New Delhi, India. I am a stay-at-home grandmom. I spend a fair amount of time on the net....and while surfing for a recipe ran into this site. After that; this is it....a one-stop station for every kind of recipe. I have no favourite cookbook but love collecting recipes from any source. I play a lot of scrabble (Any potential scrabblers out there?!) and hate cooking in summers. Temperatures run into the 40 degrees cent. range and our kitchens are not airconditioned!! I love travelling and, given a chance, would take a month long luxury cruise which touched exotic ports! Aaaahhh....pure bliss!!!!