Hot Cashew Chicken Salad
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 small head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (to yield 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, well rinsed, stemmed, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, and oranges.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, and 3 Tbsp water, Set sauce aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until barely opaque throughout, about 5 minutes. Add scallions and garlic and cook one minute longer. Add sauce and cook, tossing, for 30 seconds.
- Pour chicken and sauce over greens and oranges and toss. Sprinkle cashews on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a preschool teacher in Florida, here since marrying my hubby in Sept of '04. I have a stepdaughter. No kiddos of our own unless you count those with fur :-) We have 2 cats and 2 dogs who think they are cats. We are inovoled with our church and with our local American Legion post, where I cook breakfast once a month for the community, so I am always looking for new and fun breakfast/brunch ideas.