Hot Buttered Fried Creamed Corn
Talk about your soul food! Boy this is some serious good soul food! This is the real deal! It not only smells good, it is good!
- Ready In:
- 6 ears corn
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk, warmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the kernels off the ears. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the bacon, and fry till crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- In the drippings in the pan, sauté the corn kernels until lightly browned. Add the butter and heat until melted.
- Stir in the flour until smooth and gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and cover and cook and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
my family loved this recipe as i added what kittencal suggested below, ie, cayenne pepper, garlic and parmesan on top. Woulda given it 5 stars had all ingredients i used been in original recipe; however, believe this is a good base recipe to eat as is or add those ingredients you prefer: GBP, onion, garlic, etc. Thanks for the recipe!
WOWZAHS! I made this because I wanted a soul food-ish corn dish and THIS IS IT! My BF said he loved creamed corn and I was so confused because I HATED creamed corn growing up because I had only tried the canned stuff. When he asked me to make it and I gave him the canned stuff he was upset it wasnt how he remembered. I just made this to give him when he gets home from work tonight and I tried it, heavenly! I'm so excited to give it to him. I used frozen corn but other than that followed the recipe to a "T." Thank you Fluffy!