Hot and Sweet Onion Confit
From the splendidtable.com. Goes great with roasts.
- Ready In:
- 8 dried prunes, pitted and coarsely chopped
- water or club soda
- fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 medium onions, sliced into 1/4 inch-thick rings
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon horseradish
- Soak prunes in water while preparing other ingredients. Lightly film the bottom of a 12-inch saute pan with oil. Heat over high and add onions, salt and pepper. Saute fast until onions start to color but are still crisp.
- Lower heat to medium low, stir in garlic and drained prunes and cook about 3 minutes. Off the heat, blend in capers and horse radish to taste. Sample for seasoning. Serve at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION