Horiatiki (Greek Villagers Salad)
THIS IS AWESOME! And vegetarian safe, if you omit the cheese.
- Ready In:
- 3 large firm tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 5 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- Wash and dry all ingredients. Cut the tomatoes in half, core them and cut each piece into 3rds.
- Toss the tomatoes with the sliced onions, cucumber, olives, and peppers.
- Sprinkle in the oregano, salt and olive oil, and lastly stir in the feta cheese. Serve at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Being Greek-born I appreciate recipes with tons of flavor, especially recipes with feta cheese, and this happens to be one of them. I had cucumbers from my garden still in the fridge wrapped tightly with plastic wrap to preserve them, and I wanted to use some up. I was impressed with this salad. I increased the olive oil and kalamata olives and added black pepper, lots of black pepper! We enjoyed this salad tonight and will make it again soon! thanks for sharing, Kittencal:)