photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Prepare black eyed peas overnight or quick method. (I boiled for 5 min, brought to boil and simmered for one hour.).
- Dice ham and remove as much fat as possible.
- Chop onion.
- Combine onion and ham in dutch oven, stir over medium heat until onions start to wilt.
- Add chili powder.
- Add cooked beans with any remaining cooking liquid.
- Add water so that there is about a total of one cup liquid.
- Add rice.
- Cover, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!