A riff on the classic French 75 cocktail utilizing fragrant, edible honeysuckle simple syrup. (Not all varieties of honeysuckle are edible, please use caution when selecting your blooms).
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce honeysuckle syrup (instructions below)
- 1 ounce gin
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces dry sparkling wine
- 3 honeysuckle fresh edible flowers (to garnish)
- Make ahead: Honeysuckle Simple Syrup.
- Bring 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of water to boil over medium high heat, stirring until sugar is fully dissolved. Add one cup of washed, de-stemmed edible honeysuckle blossoms and 1/8 teaspoon of lemon juice and remove pot from heat. Cover and let steep for approximately 30 minutes until room temperature. Strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer in to an airtight container and refrigerate.
- In a shaker with ice, combine honeysuckle syrup, gin, and grapefruit juice. Shake until chilled and strain into a champagne flute or coupe. Top off with sparkling wine and garnish with fresh honeysuckle blossoms.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION