MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 lb granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 pint water
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (clear)
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- Butter or oil an 8" square platter, set aside.
- Put sugar, vinegar, syrup, and water in a heavy saucepan (cast iron if you have it).
- Be careful that your pot is big enough, because sugar has a tendency to boil over.
- Gently heat the mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon, until sugar has dissolved; syrup has melted.
- Bring to a boil, cover boil for 3 minutes, then uncover and boil until temperature reaches 285-degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat stir in the baking soda, mixing well to allow bubbles to subside a little.
- once you add the baking soda the mixture WILL bubble up quite a bit.
- Again, make sure your pot is large enough or it will bubble over the sides.
- The baking soda is what gives it its light airy texture.
- Pour into greased platter, leave until just beginning to set.
- Mark into squares with a lightly oiled knife.
- Leave to set completely.
- Cut or break into pieces.
- Combine chocolate chips, shortening baking chocolate in 2-quart glass micro-proof bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes.
- Using wooden spoon, stir through to melt.
- Dip honeycomb pieces into chocolate, covering completely.
- Let cool on waxed paper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note