MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An easy to make sweet.
- Ready In:
- Put all the ingredients into a heavy based pan, and heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until the syrup reaches the soft crack stage, or 145oC (290oF), measured on a sugar thermometer.
- Pour onto a greased marble slab and allow to cool until lukewarm, pulling the edges towards the centre, so they don't become too hard.
- With greased hands, pull and stretch the taffy, until it becomes light in colour, and more elastic.
- Form a rope, and cut into pieces with shap kitchen scissors or a heavy knife. Wrap in clingfilm or waxed paper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION