photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle salt in a large bowl; add garlic.
- Mash garlic and salt to a paste, using back of a spoon.
- Combine honey, olive oil, and lemon juice in a jar.
- Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Add honey mixture to garlic mixture; stir well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Remove stems from spinach; wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Tear leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Combine spinach, oranges, and walnuts in a large bowl; toss well.
- Pour honey mixture over salad, tossing to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellente! For you garlic lovers: we love garlic and I added two cloves instead of the recommended one clove. Garlic was too strong and had to compensate by increasing the other ingrediants. One clove works beautifully for this recipe. Didn't have walnuts so added oven-toasted almonds and some pineapple chunks. This recipe's a keeper!
This salad is deliciously different!! I can't even begin to explain how the garlic compliments this sweet, fruity salad. I think if you added grilled shrimp it would be out-of-this-world! And the dressing would make a fantastic glaze for grilled shrimp or chicken. Thanks for sharing this unique "hidden treasure".