Honey Soy Short Ribs With Spicy Peanut Glaze
photo by DailyInspiration
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 5 lbs beef, short tibs cut into 4-oz portions
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced ginger
- 1⁄2 cup tbsps honey
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coconut juice (can use orange juice)
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon thai hot sauce
- jasmine rice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven on high heat sear the short ribs until browned then add soy sauce, hoisin, vinegar, garlic, ginger, 1/2 cup honey, water, green onion, crushed red pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the coconut or orange juice.
- Braise the ribs covered, for about 3 hours, or until the meat is tender and falling off the bones. Remove the short ribs from the braising liquid and cover to keep warm. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Drain the fat off of the cooking liquid and discard. In a bowl add the peanut butter and place into the microwave for 30 seconds to soften, add the hot sauce, honey and stir.
- Spread a thin layer of the peanut butter and honey mixture over the top of the rib and then coat with the crushed peanuts.
- Bake the peanut crusted ribs for another 10 minutes, until the short ribs are heated through and glazed. Serve over rice and pour a small ladle of the braising liquid on top of the ribs. Garnish with scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!