Honey Snack Mix
A honey glazed cereal mix that is great for holiday gifts.
- Ready In:
- 5 cups Rice Chex or 5 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In large bowl combine cereal, pretzels, and pecans.
- In microwave melt butter and combine with honey.
- Pour honey mixture over cereal mixture; stir until well coated.
- Spread onto 15x10-inch jelly roll pan and bake for 10 minutes; stir.
- Continue baking for 15 minutes or until cereal is glazed and honey mixture is absorbed.
- Immediately place snack mix on waxed paper; cool.
- Store in tightly covered container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OHHHHHH sooooo gooood!!! We have a gallon jug of honey from my husbands grandfather we found in his basement we have been cleaning out. I can tell you that I know what some of it is gonna get used for. I used rice chex, corn chex, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries for a trail mix of sorts. YUMMY!Reply
I adore this mix!! So nice to have a change from the traditional, salty, snack mix. I have a hard time not eating it all. FANTASTIC! I usually use 8 cups of Crispix cereal so that I get both corn and rice without having to buy two boxes of cereal. I've learned the hard way it is important to bake it in 2 shallow pans rather than one large one like traditional chex mix. Also, this mix is crisper and more flavorful once it has cooled *completely*. It's best to make it the evening before you need it if possible.Reply
see 4 more