Honey-Roasted Eggplant With Chiles
photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 baby eggplants, halved or 2 regular eggplants, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 5 fresh Thai green chili, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss eggplants with chiles, hoey and oil to coat.
- Roast eggplants (skin sides up) and chiles on a rimmed baking sheet until eggplant is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Flip and roast until eggplant softens, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delectable! I used 2 regular eggplants and 3 jalapeno peppers and served it with Toasted Coconut Rice, topped with toasted almonds for some added protein. I served it with Braggs Liquid Aminos and Sri Racha sauce at the table. The sweet, spicy, and salty flavors mingled beautifully. Reviewed for Veg*an Swap, April 2010.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
HEAVEN I'M IN HEAVEN! That is the song that came to mind when I found this great website, I've spent hours here! I love to cook and try new recipes. I live in Jackson, NJ, have been married for 30 years and I have a beautiful 17 yr old daughter. Daina brightens everyday of my life, we are true friends. LOVE MY ANIMALS!! I learned to cook early in life, being the oldest girl of 7 children. I love cooking, and am accustomed to making alot of food. That's not so easy when you are cooking for only 3 people, so I try to make meals that I can freeze, or induldge in left overs..