Honey Pork Chops and Apples
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A great meal for a cooler night. Make sure your chops are thicker, at least 3/4-inch. Prep time depends on the thickness of your chops.
- Ready In:
- 6 pork loin chops, about 3/4-in . thick each
- salt and pepper
- ground sage
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 1⁄4 cup raw honey
- 6 maraschino cherries (optional)
- Core and slice apples into 1/2-inch rings.
- Add margarine to skillet and saute apple rings until crisp-tender.
- Remove apple rings from skillet and brown chops slowly in skillet.
- Remove chops to shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper and sage. Place 1 apple ring on each chop.
- Cover and bake at 300° F for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle honey over apples and chops; baste with drippings.
- Cover and bake 15 minute longer or until pork is fully cooked. Place cherry in center of apple rings before serving, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION