Honey Peach and Blackberry Cobbler
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fresh summer fruits and a homemade lightly-sugared biscuit make this colorful dessert a dish to remember. Top with whipped cream for a super indulgence. From Cooking Light Magazine
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 8 cups chopped peeled peaches (about 4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups blackberries
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, peaches, honey, juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes. Fold in blackberries. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, granulated sugar, rind, and baking powder in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, and stir just until moist.
- Drop dough onto peach mixture to form 12 mounds. Sprinkle mounds with turbinado sugar. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION