Honey Orange Glazed Salmon With Orange Almond Couscous
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 1 cup florida orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs whole wild salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 slices fresh gingerroot
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat couscous
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups arugula
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (2-3 onions)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup florida orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1. Prepare salmon by removing skin and bones (if attached) and cutting into 4 to 6 fillets. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2. Whisk together all salad dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3. In medium saucepan, combine orange juice, honey and ginger root and bring to a simmer. Reduce by half, remove ginger, and set aside.
- 4. In another medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add couscous and 1 tbsp of olive oil, stir and remove from the heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool in a large bowl.
- 5. Once cooled, add arugula, green onion and almonds. Toss salad with dressing.
- 6. Coat large frying pan with 1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Place salmon fillets in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip. Immediately add orange sauce to the pan. Spoon it over the fillets to make a glaze while cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until salmon is done.
- 7. Serve glazed salmon over couscous salad and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!