Honey Mead Bread
This is a variation on Beer Bread (recipe 73440) using Honey Mead instead! Makes a nice dense bread with a very crunchy crust!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 cups flour (sifted!)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (unless using self-rising flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (unless using self rising flour)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 12 ounces mead
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (1/4 cup if you want a less crunchy crust)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients, and then add Honey Mead.
- Pour into a greased (preferably with butter) loaf pan.
- Pour melted butter over dough.
- Bake 1 hour, remove from pan and cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This bread was a great way to use up some leftover mead, but overall I was underwhelmed. Baked mine exactly to instructions, but the bottom was so burnt I had to cut it off. The bread itself is somewhat dense and surprisingly not that sweet. It seems like a decent base to make cinnamon-sugar or cheese-herb bread, maybe!Reply
see 5 more