Honey Lime Gazpacho
Serve this cold soup as a first course, a light entree, or lunch dish. A great way to use home grown veggies!
- Ready In:
- 3 large very ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut up
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and cut up
- 2 medium orange sweet bell pepper, seeded and cut up
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and cut up
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- ice cube
- lime wedges and green onion
- v- 8 juice (optional)
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, orange sweet peppers, jalapeño, and garlic. In a food processor process mixture, half at a time, with several on/off turns until you have large chunks. Place all of the mixture in the food processor bowl. Add lime juice, honey, cilantro, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Cover and process with several on/off turns until the mixture is just a little chunky. If desired, season to taste with additional sea salt. Can add a small amount of V-8 juice if your soup is too dry.
- To serve, place 2 to 3 ice cubes in each of four shallow bowls; ladle soup over ice. Serve with lime wedges and green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I usually love gazpacho but for me this was a bit out of balance. The cilantro and chili pepper were dominant and I didn't care for the sweetness from the honey. Adding some V8 might help with the balance, but I don't usually keep it on hand. The texture was perfect and the food processor made it quick and easy. I will let this meld a while longer, and try it as salsa as another reveiwer suggested. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09
We had no idea what Gazpacho should look like or taste like, and ours looks a little green because we used a green pepper in place of the orange one. Aside from all that, this stuff is good! Spicy because of the jalapeno, but all the flavors are present and make themselves known, with the ginger and celantro giving it a twist and the honey lending sweetness. Made for Comfort Cafe, July 09.