- Ready In:
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon verbena leaves, fresh finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- honey, for topping scones
- Heat oven to 425°F
- In large bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and lemon verbena leaves.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg, honey, yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Make well in center of flour mixture.
- Pour honey mixture in well, and mix to form soft dough.
- Coat 12-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray or oil. With floured hands, pat dough into skillet.
- Score top into 8 pie-shaped wedges. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm with honey drizzled over top. Yields 8 scones.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!