Honey,lemon Pepper Garlic Roasted Turkey With Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
flavorful honey and herb roasted turkey,enjoy. This is my original recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 (4 lb) turkey breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, halfed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pan dripping
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon gravymaster (optional)
- Clean and dry the chicken. Place turkey in large bowl.
- Starting at neck cavity, carefully start cutting the turkey skin, so that it remains on turkey,but is easy to pull back, using your fingers to pull back skin.Do not pull skin off of turkey,just pull skin back.
- Pour broth over turkey, under skin.
- Insert 2 pieces of garlic, and 2 sprigs of rosemary under breast skin,rub garlic under skin of turkey,then leave garlic, and rosemary under skin.Rub garlic under the skin of wing and drumstick sections to,let garlic rest under skin in the center of the breast.
- Pull back skin from wings and drumsticks. Rub oregano, sage and tarragon, under breast drumstick and wing skin.Pull skin back so that turkey is covered with it's original skin.
- Season turkey skin with lemon pepper,salt, and poultry seasoning. Place remaining garlic,onion,celery, and bay leaf in the body cavity of turkey. cover turkey and refrigerate for 1- 2 hours.
- In a separate bowl combine honey and lemon juice. Rub mixture into skin of turkey,making sure to coat breast,wings, and drumsticks.
- Remove turkey from bowl with broth,and place in slow cooker on low,or preheat oven to 250 degrees and place turkey in a ovensafe pan. Cook turkey for 4- 6 hours or until juices run clear, when turkey is pierced with knife, and turkey is not pinkish in inside.
- Remove turkey from pan,leaving at least 1 tablespoon of reserved pan drippings.
- In a small pan or skillet brown 1 tablespoon flour.Remove flour from pan,and mix with water.Mix browned flour water mixture with 1 tablespoon of pan drippings,mix well and heat gravy on low for 5 minutes. Stir in salt pepper, Accent, and GravyMaster. Remove from heat, and pour over sliced turkey, mashed potatoes, and/or rice. serve while hot, enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION