Honey Lemon Chicken
A contest winner from Taste of Home. States, "When I told our 12-year-old daughter, Amanda, That we were grilling chicken, she asked to make a marinade. Now we use her combination of honey, lemon, garlic and seasonings every time we grill chicken. —Tamara McFarlin Mondovi, Wisconsin."
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken, seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I found this in my TOH Backyard Grilling book so tried it today. I had not read the reviews here but now that I have I find it quite funny because a few people thought there wasn't enough honey and we thought there was too much making the chicken too sweet. Just goes to show you that we all have different tastes. I actually cooked my chicken in the slow cooker for about 2 hours just to get it started, then finished on the grill. All in all, a good recipe that I will make again. Thanks for posting.
This had a great texture, and the chicken was very moist and tender coming off of the grill. However, we didn't really feel that the marinade offered a lot of improvement to flavor than a simple salt and pepper and herb sprinkling would. The soy was a bit overpowering and very much dominant to the other flavors. I let this sit in the marinade for 10 hours before grilling. Made for ZWT