Honey Garlic Dressing
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, Crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh pureed
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking to make a basic mayonnaise.
- It will work only if you add the oil very, very slowly at first.
- You can also use a food processor to make this dressing, but again, you must add the oil ever so slowly to get the desired consistency.
- Once the mayonnaise is made, add all the ingredients except the vinegars.
- Make sure the the dressing is well mixed and ingredients are evenly distributed throughout.
- Slowly stir in the tarragon vinegar and then the red wine vinegar, making sure that they are evenly blended.
- This dressing must be stored in the fridge or it will spoil.
- Yield 5 cups
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This salad dressing was a little tart for my taste. It has an interesting blending of flavors and if I were to make again I would definately cut down on the vinegars. One of the great about things about Zaar is that you can change the number of servintgs with their help. I used the converter and reduced the amount of dressing from 5 cups to 1 cup.Reply