Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
photo by thecookierookie
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl with tight fitting lid, put the flour.
- Add chicken, in batches, and shake to coat.
- Shake off excess flour and place pieces in a greased 8x8 baking dish,.
- making sure not to lay them flat.
- They should have the same shape as they were in the package.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, garlic and seasonings.
- Pour evenly over the chicken.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes, basting occasionally with the sauce.
Questions & Replies
I am the LAST person that would normally submit a tweak on a recipe, but it was so good, I thought I would do just that. First, this is a great recipe for dads. It's easy! Prep time is minimal, most of the ingredients should be in almost any kitchen, and results are crowd pleasing. My five kids polished their plates, and asked for seconds (it's rare that we go 5 for 5).
This was really good! I used 4 small bone in thighs, and the full recipe of sauce. We love sauce over our rice, so this was the perfect amount. I loved the flavor, both sweet and savory at the same time. Next time I might add some grated ginger, because it goes so well with the flavors that are already here; but we were very happy with this as written. Definitely a make again. Thanks for sharing!
This is my third time making this and it just gets better. My only tweaks are a little minced ginger and a little crushed red pepper with a little extra honey. I usually double the recipe for stir-fried veggies over rice. This sauce is fantastic. I am thinking of a number of other ways to use it as I type. Thanks for sharing I do tend to baste several times, with at least one during the initial 30 minute bake.