Honey Dijon Cornish Hens or Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 whole Cornish hens, split (about 2 1/2 pounds total) or (2 1/2 lb) chicken, cut up
- 2⁄3 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 slices lemons, halved
- hot cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- Place cornish hens or chicken pieces on rack in roasting pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend mustard, honey, lemon juice, onion and rosemary.
- Use 1/3 cup mustard mixture to brush over hens or chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes more or until done.
- In small saucepan, blend remaining mustard mixture, chicken broth and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Add lemon slices; cook for 1 minute.
- Keep warm.
- Serve hens or chicken with rice and heated mustard sauce. Garnish as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!