Honey Bran Muffins
photo by Jujubegirl
- Ready In:
- Preheat ooven to 400 degrees, and place paper baking cups in each of 6 regular size muffin cups.
- Spray paper baking cups with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix wheat bran, and boiling water, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat milk, honey, oil, and egg with spoon until mixed well.
- Stir in bran mixture, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt just till flour is moist.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar if desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or till golden brown and tops spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are very nice breakfast muffins. They have a lovely cinnamon taste and come together very quickly. I like the idea of sprinkling them with sugar, that way they are extra special. Next time I might add some fruit or jam to the dough since I think that would make them even tastier. A definite keeper! Thanks very much for sharing, weekend cooker. P.S.: I used acacia honey, which is a light yellowish honey with a great taste. This suited the muffins very well.
I was worried about these based on the reviews but they came out perfectly. They cooked all the way through and were not overdone. I used white whole wheat flour instead of AP because I always go whole grain. These are super comforting, like country home cooking. I put some grape fruit spread on and it was absolutely delicious. Perfect for putting some jam on with breakfast or any other meal. This is a keeper. :D
made 1st batch as written. had no problems with dryness. texture and taste was perfect. the only bran i had on had was raisin bran cereal so I used that. came out perfect. 2nd small batch I filled muffin cups 1/2 way and place a spoonful of jelly in it then filled the rest of way. Had to let them cool completely as the jelly would burn the mouth. These were even better than the first. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for 1-2-3 hits tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>