Honey Bourbon Grilled Pork Tenderloin
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Trim fat from pork.
- Combine onion and next 7 ingredients (through the garlic cloves) and place in a large zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add pork and seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade.
- Salt and pepper pork. (We used a generous portion of fresh ground pepper).
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- Place pork on a greased grill and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes for a nice pink color inside. (NOTE: I have a Weber grill and it gets pretty hot on low so use your own judgment. 20 minutes was perfect for us).
- Turn every 5 minutes and baste with 1/2 cup marinade.
- Remove to a 200 degree preheated oven to keep warm. (Let it sit for about 10 minutes while you make the sauce).
- The onions will be a little crip, so it that does not suit you, remove them with a slotted spoon before preparing the sauce.
- Place flour in a small saucepan.
- Gradually add remaining marinade and water, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Spoon gravy over pork and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is one of my favorite recipes. I make it a lot in the summer when we can grill. We always serve it with mashed potatoes and like the gravy sauce on the potatoes as well! My kids even love it and ask for it when we haven't had it for a while in the winter. I usually serve it with a nice green veggie and a salad. Yummy!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.