Honey Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- cooking spray (to oil the pan and the measuring utensils used for the honey and molasses)
- 3 small bananas, very ripe
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mash the bananas, whisk in the applesauce, oil, sugar, honey and molasses until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flours, soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Spread the bread mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a momma to triplets I refuse to stop calling babies. When I'm not busy with my trio, you can find me in the kitchen (if I've finished the laundry!). I also enjoy spending time on the back porch with my husband drinking hoppy beers, wearing cowboy boots and eating peanut butter on a spoon with our brown dog at my feet.</p>