Homestyle Meatloaf Without the Ketchup!
This is a meatloaf recipe I came up with because I don't like to put ketchup in my meatloaf (though you certainly could). This recipe got rave reviews from my family. It is great served with garlic mashed potatoes and salad!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 2 large eggs
- 40 Ritz crackers
- 1 (20 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and crackers.
- Add 10 oz. V8 vegetable juice (1/2 a can), eggs, salt, pepper, and canned diced tomatoes.
- Knead all ingredients until they are thoroughly dispersed.
- Put mixture into a loaf pan.
- Spoon tomato sauce evenly over the top. I also add a bit more V8 vegetable juice to the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the middle is thoroughly cooked.
- Cut into slices and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION