Homemade Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake
- Ready In:
2 9 in cake layers
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups kamut flour or 1 1/2 cups soft white wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter and flour to 8 inches or 9 inches round cake pans; set aside.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients, add liquids in order of apperance; mix well being sure to get rid of all clumps and bumps in the batter.
- Pour evenly into your prepared pans and bake till middle rises and cake tester (tooth pick, clean kitchen knife) come from the center clean, 30-40 minute Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from pans and putting on a cooling rack till totally cooled. Frost with desired frosting (store bought, home made, whatever you want).
- *Kamut is an ancient grain related to wheat, but not anything like it. Kamut is longer, and is a lighter color. You can use it for anything you want, it's just a matter of opinion.*.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a dancer with very little time to do other things.. Cooking is one of my favorite pass times (I am seldom found with out my Martha Stewart cook book or Marthastewart magazine). I am very athletic, love any form of exercise, and I am very creative and artistic. Love Boston and hope to move there some day. It really bothers me to cook in a dirty kitchen! Rule of thumb "Never make a mess on top of a mess"... Only results into a Monstrous mess! I am a VERY neat, and organized, my mind can't function in a cluttered situation. I love my rabbit, and I love clean bed sheets with a heavy quilt to warm me in the winter time. I Love to knit, and sew. If one was to take me to a place of my choice, I would choose a sandy white beach, in a remote area. Aaaa, so relaxing!! I couldn't live with out music, one of my favorite things even created. I love all season, but I tend to favor summer. My dream Dance role is Juliet in Romeo and Juliet. Aaa, that will be the day when I shed tears of joy and pain combine. To finish off, I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ above all things.