Homemade Supreme Tacos
photo by chris.schmanek
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 large tomatoes, diced. (Jersey Tomatoes are best)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more for desired KICK!)
- 1 dozen tortilla (hard or soft)
- PREP: Combine chile powder, cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Mix together with a fork (works best for me).
- Heat a medium-large size skillet on medium heat.
- Once skillet is hot, cook ground meat until just brown, chopping up while cooking.
- Once meat is brown, drain all grease from the skillet and place back on stovetop reducing the heat to medium-low.
- Add seasoning mixture and 1 cup of water, stirring into meat well. Continue cooking and stirring on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and let the meat simmer for 10-15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Meat is done and can be served immediately. Place small amount on a tortilla, top with you cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!