Homemade Summer Sausage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My husband and I love this.I got the recipe from my mom.
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs hamburger (not chuck or round-its too dry)
- 2 teaspoons Morton Tender Quick salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 6 teaspoons hickory smoke salt
- Mix well,keep in refrigerator for 3 days or 48 hours.Mix well three times during time in refrigerator.Shape into sausage rolls(about 6).
- Put in oven directly on oven racks.
- (place pan of water under meat to catch drippings).Bake 8 hrs or overnight on lowest oven setting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION