Homemade Spicy Dill Pickles
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 20mins
- 4 cups rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 unpeeled English cucumbers, washed, cut in 1/2 horizontally then quartered lengthwise
- Combine the vinegar, honey, pepper flakes, coriander, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin and salt in a medium, non-reactive saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes; remove from the heat and let sit until cooled to room temperature. Add the dill and cilantro. Place the cut cucumbers in a medium bowl and pour the cooled vinegar mixture over them. Refrigerate, covered for 24 hours or up to 4 days. (leaving them longer just makes them hotter but still delicious.) Cooking time includes refrigeration.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have 2 rescued racing Greyhounds and 2 parrots. I love to cook a variety of ethnic and regional foods. One of my favorites is risotto. My specialties include homemade mustard, cheesecakes and a variety of breads. I love this site because I can find just about any recipe I want.