photo by Wildflour
- Ready In:
- 1 fresh tomatoes, peeled, then stewed or (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, save juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 -4 fresh jalapenos, finely diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Saute green pepper, 1 jalapeno and onion in a little juice and 1 Tbl. butter for 5 minutes, set aside.
- In blender, chop, don't puree!, tomatoes, 1-3 jalapenos and spices, sugar and oregano.
- Pour into sauteed peppers and onions.
- Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and tomato paste til dissolved.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! Former caterer and restaurant owner taking life slower now and just enjoying photographing my food creations and blogging them! Pop on over to my blog to see over 800 of my recipes at Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen @ wildflourskitchen.com !