Homemade Pumpkin Pie
My sister-in-law won't eat any other pumpkin pie but MINE!! I always keep "fresh frozen" pumpkin in the freezer for her visits. This recipe comes from "The American Woman's Cook Book" originally copyrighted in 1938.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (**see variation)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄2 recipe plain pie pastry
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir into eggs.
- Add milk and pumpkin.
- Line piepan with pastry and pour in filling.
- Bake in very hot oven (450 degrees) for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to slow (325 degrees) and bake 35 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- **Variation:Use 1 Tsp.
- cinnamon, 1/4 Tsp nutmeg 1/2 Tsp ginger and 1/8 Tsp ground cloves instead of pumpkin pie spice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very nice pumpkin pie. Just the right sweetness. I keep frozen cooked pumpkin as well, so this was very easy. I used the note in the recipe to create the pumpkin pie spice. As my own addition, I sprinkled the top with some extra cinnamon sugar mixture. This pie disappeared before it was completely cooled. Thanx!1Reply