Homemade Organic Protein Bars
photo by sugathompson
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons organic almond butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped raw pecans
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened organic shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped raw pepitas
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup organic raw oats
- 1⁄4 cup organic clover honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon organic ground vietnamese cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat Oven to 325. Mix everything in a bowl with a spoon until a thick paste forms. Divide into eight parts; then shape into bars. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet (organic coconut oil) and bake for 10 minutes. Yields approx 8 bars.
- Wrap individually & store in fridge. They will keep for about 1 week. Remember, these aren't cookies -- they will be dense like a protein bar. But -- oh so much better tasting, less money & better for you than a store bought one. :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!