HomeMade Onion Rings
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Just try them they are good.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large onions, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cover onion slices with cold water and let stand 30 minutes.
- Remove to paper towels and press to dry.
- Separate into rings.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Combine milk and egg in a medium bowl and add dry ingredients and melted shortening; mix thoroughly.
- Dip onion rings in batter and fry in deep fryer or skillet filled with a couple of inches of oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION